‘Raw’ is an online exhibition epitomizing the brave work of graduate students. It represents work from a vast array of content, material and approaches. Graduate school strips us bare, allowing for clarification and analyzation that rebuilds and refines our artistic practice. ‘Raw’ is the broken skin of 2020, while simultaneously being the vibrant nourishment.
This exhibit is only open to graduate students, both nationally and internationally, currently enrolled in an MFA or MA program in the visual or media arts. Work must have been completed within the last 24 months.
All art forms are accepted. For video submissions, please submit a 2-minute clip for jurying purposes.
MFA students from the University of Montana and Montana State University
No entry fee. Artists may submit up to three entries.
First, Second, and Third Place, Juror’s Awards, some modest cash awards.
Sale inquiries will be directed to the artist of the work via the email provided.
– Label image: LastName_FirstName_Title.jpeg
Note: How you label your images is the information that will be published on the website.
– Each image should not exceed 3MB and should be in JPG/JPEG format. Generally images less than 1 MB are too small to view well during large scale projection.
- Dimensions should be 1024px x 768px at 300 Pixels/Inch.
- Images Should not contain any frame, mat, or watermark.
– Images should be clear and in focus.
– They will be displayed and judged in the same way they are received.
Videos submissions must be submitted as a 2 minute clip. In order to submit a video, it must first be uploaded to YouTube. Please label the video in YouTube as (LastName_FirstName_Title). Video URLs must be emailed directly to the submission email account.
Submission closed. Will reopen September 2021.
2020 Exhibition titled “RAW’ will open Mid October.